Braces Removal Process : Before and After
In the last two weeks I talked about the Fixed Retainer and what happens when we remove the brace. Now let`s see what additional things needs to be done on the day.
A quick recap:
- Brace Removal (Part 1) we talked about the Fixed Retainer
- Brace Removal (Part 2) we discussed the actual brace removal, how we remove the brace and whether it hurts when having the brace removed
Clinical Photography: Before & After Photo Shoot
Next we take mandatory clinical photos of your smile and teeth, the same ones you had done at the start of treatment, now is a good time to look back at the start of your journey and compare the difference!
Braces Being Removed Video
In the below video you will see how braces are removed.
Tooth Impressions: Nighttime Retainer
This is a soft material, like playdoh, which is applied to a tray size that fits your teeth. We take an imprint of your teeth and send these away to a dental technician who will construct your clear custom made upper and lower nighttime retainers.
These look similar to bleaching trays. They will be fitted in surgery a week later. Don’t worry if you feel your teeth move a little before the night time retainers are fitted, they will soon move back into place once we have fitted the removable retainers.
Katie – Orthodontic Therapist
Braces Removal Series
- Brace Removal (Part 1) we talk about the Fixed Retainer
- Brace Removal (Part 2) we discuss the actual brace removal, how we remove the brace and whether it hurts when having the brace removed
- Brace Removal (Part 3) we talk about having an impression made of your teeth to create a nighttime retainer
- Brace Removal (Part 4) we talk life after having your braces removed and how to keep your teeth straight
Would You Like a Great Smile?
If you would like a better smile and straighter teeth, then contact Premier Orthodontics today to see how we can help you. Call us on 020 8460 6464 or email us.
47 College Road
Tel: 020 8460 6464